Ethereumcertify offers you a way to certify your original webcontent in a simple and
straightforward way. What you need to do is take a few simple steps, and you will be
able to prove you authored a text (first) by using the ethereum blockchain. These are the steps:
- You can find a podcast about this site here
- Paste your text in a text doc and make sure you don't lose this original
- Add the date, your name and your email address at the top of your doc as well as your Ethereum wallet addres
- Copy paste your text into our hashgenerator (this is an MD5 generator, you can use anyone you find online). for example : If you paste "hello" below for instance,without quotes, you get a code that is 5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592. You can try a couple of times to see for yourself that if you alter the content only a tiny bit, the resulting hash changes, but if it is the same, the hash is also the same.
- Now you want to store the hash code in the Ethereum blockchain, to do this you need an Ethereum account with some cash in it. You can find one here and top it up with some eth by buying some here (or just google to find another place).
- When you have an account you can make a transaction to our Ethereumcertify wallet address 0x2df39FB5c546B961111cB8fd2Bc25144D255EcEE In the data field you paste the hash code, which nobody can understand, so your content is represented but not shared. Additionaly you can add data you want to share, so f.i. your email adress or a reference for your own use.
- You can check your transaction data here : Blockchain Explorer
- As soon as a couple of hours have passed the data you stored in the blockchain can no longer be altered. That means that your hash is stored permanently, and any time you want to check your content or show you authored the content(!) you can refer to the hash code, which was transacted by your account. You can prove you own the account (which is your Ethereum wallet adress) if asked, by making a transaction from it.
- To keep us going it would be nice to transact at least $5 USD in Eth to store your hash
If you supply the content below and submit we will show your MD5 hash here..
This site will become HTTPS soon, for proper function this is not necessary. If you want to use external hash serivces you can try this site